Experienced Disability Support Worker - MiLife-Victoria
About the Role
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- MiLife-Victoria provides supports that enable people living with disability to be self-directed and to exercise choice and control in their lives. We are seeking an individual who is highly motivated, an excellent communicator, able to adapt to a changing environment and has extensive experience working in a direct care environment in the disability sector, preferably with high support or complex need client’s.
- Providing support and mentoring to clients to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Knowledge, ability to read and adhere to complex care plans and/ or BSP.
- Ensure all aspects of program delivery are met on a day-to-day basis.
- Understanding the goals and needs of all clients.
- Knowledge of documentation requirements, for both the curriculum and the clients, and documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining a safe and effective workplace ensuring all defects and incidents are reported as per MiLife-Victoria policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV Disability or relevant experience is a requirement for this role
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- NDIS worker orientation module is a requirement for this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word
- A sound understanding of reporting practices and use of a Customer Management System
- Sound knowledge of current industry standards
- Must be physically fit to be able to safely perform all the physical and manual handling requirements of this position
- Victorian Drivers' License – manual preferred
- Knowledge and experience of the NDIS is highly desirable
- Experience with our Customer Management System, SupportAbility, highly desirable
What do we offer
- Job security and a supportive team environment
- Opportunity to work within a progressive organisation
- An attractive remuneration package including maximum salary packaging options
How to Apply
All applications must include a completed MiLife-Victoria employment application form (which will be sent to the applicant once we receive your resume) a cover letter and current resume. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment to the position will be subject to a satisfactory reference checks, National/International Police Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check.
MiLife-Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, proudly supports a diverse community and is committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles.
How To Apply
All applications must include a completed MiLife-Victoria employment application form, a covering letter and current resume. Applicants can apply for roles across any or all Learning Centres. Email it to email@example.com prior to the closing date. If successful you will hear from MiLife-Victoria to arrange an interview.
Appointment to the position will be subject to a satisfactory National/International Police Check, a Disability Worker Exclusions Scheme Check and a copy of a Certificate of Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module.
MiLife-Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, proudly supports a diverse community and is committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and lifestyle.
All of our advertised positions can also be found on the following websites: